When you switch off chat for Facebook friends, it doesn't indicate that no one can message you. Rather, you'll just not notified of the messages. Anything you get while chat is off will show up in your inbox when you re-enable chat.
How To Turn Chat Off On Facebook
There are 2 different means you can disable Facebook chat. You can do so worldwide to make sure that you can't talk with any individual or you could turn off chat for specific friends only to make sure that it still works with other friends.
Disable All of Facebook chat
- Accessibility your Facebook account.
- On the chat menu on the side of the screen, click the tiny Options switch alongside the Browse text box.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- In the window that reveals, see to it the choice for Shut off chat for all contacts is selected.
- Click the Okay button.
With Facebook chat completely disabled, the whole chat location will certainly remain white and no conversations are clickable. Click the link called Turn on chat to re-enable it.
Turn off Facebook chat for Certain Friends Only
- From your Facebook profile, click the tiny Options switch at the end of the chat section on the right side of the web page.
- Click Turn Off chat.
- There are one of 2 options you could pick right here:
* Select Turn off chat for all contacts except ... if you wish to conceal from Facebook chat for most of your contacts however you want a pick couple of to still be able to message.
* Opt to Turn off chat for only some contacts ... if there are simply a couple of Facebook friends that you want to disable chat for.
- Beginning getting in the names of the friends you want to block from chat, then pick them as they're suggested to you.
When you're completed choosing which friends need to be obstructed, click Okay.
Facebook for Android: How to Turn Facebook chat On or Off
You could transform Facebook chat on or off from the typical Facebook application using these actions:
- Open the "Facebook" app.
- Touch the Menu icon located at the upper-right edge of the screen to expand your alternatives.
- Tap "Messenger" in the "Apps" area.
- Tap the Gear icon located at the upper-right corner of the display.
- Examine the "On" box to turn Facebook chat on. Uncheck the box to turn it off.
If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your Android tool, use these actions:
-Open the "Messenger" app.
-Touch the "Menu" Menu Switch symbol situated at the upper-right corner of the display.
-Touch the "Active" choice at the top of the screen.
-Toggle your name to "On" or "Off" as wanted.