Facebook Cover Page Dimensions
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's account image and cover photo?
Your Page's profile photo:
- Display screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computers, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones as well as 50 × 50 pixels on the majority of function phones
- Must go to least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be cropped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computer systems
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and also 196 pixels from the top of your cover picture on smart devices
Your Page's cover image:
- Screens at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers as well as 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Doesn't present on function phones
- Have to be at the very least 399 pixels large and also 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high and also less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile images and cover photos with your logo or text, you might get a better outcome by using a PNG file.
Just what concerning the resolution?
Along with this measurement modification we have actually opted for a high resolution suggestion because we are also considering the surge of higher res gadgets such as Retina Present-- you desire your cover pictures to look all crisp as well as clear there too don't you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you somewhat and also covers off basically other device currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook doesn't assist when it states "Remember that your cover image have to go to the very least 400 pixels broad as well as 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimal size and in our experience we locate it way too rough as well as the recommendations offers no support on secure areas for text.
As long as it's not an insane dimension you will not be punished for publishing a good huge high res image (this utilized to be the situation with Facebook Teams where compression was applied) but no more.
One word of caution, depending on the screen you use to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display screen), you might locate the picture a little blurry. We have actually experimented with JPG vs PNG and a range of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older display screens but we 'd still advise 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.