Facebook Timeline Cover Dimensions
Exactly what are the dimensions of my Page's account image and cover image?
Your Page's profile picture:
- Displays at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on smartphones and 50 × 50 pixels on a lot of attribute phones
- Need to go to the very least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will certainly be chopped to fit a square
- Is located 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Is located 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low and 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on mobile phones
Your Page's cover image:
- Displays at 851 pixels broad by 315 pixels high on your Page on computer systems and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels high on smartphones
- Doesn't show on function phones
- Have to go to least 399 pixels large and also 150 pixels tall
- Lots fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels high as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile photos and also cover images with your logo or text, you could get a better result using a PNG documents.
What about the resolution?
Along with this measurement adjustment we have actually chosen a high resolution referral since we are also taking into consideration the increase of higher res devices such as Retina Display-- you desire your cover photos to look all crisp and also clear there also do not you! 1920px x 1080px future evidence you to some extent and covers off practically any other gadget currently on the market.
On resolution Facebook does not assist when it says "Bear in mind that your cover photo must go to least 400 pixels vast as well as 150 pixels high". This is simply a minimal size and also in our experience we locate it way too grainy and the recommendations gives no advice on risk-free locations for message.
As long as it's not an insane size you won't be penalised for posting a great huge high res picture (this utilized to be the case with Facebook Groups where compression was applied) yet say goodbye to.
One word of warning, relying on the screen you make use of to check out (i.e. non high res/retina display), you might locate the image a little fuzzy. We've experimented with JPG vs PNG as well as a selection of dimensions from 640x360 all the way to 1640x923. Now 820x461 usually looks the sharpest on older display screens however we 'd still recommend 1920px x 1080px for finest future proofing.