Facebook Banner Dimensions
Just what are the dimensions of my Page's profile picture and cover picture?
Your Page's account picture:
- Screens at 160 × 160 pixels on your Page on computer systems, 140 × 140 pixels on smart devices as well as 50 × 50 pixels on many attribute phones
- Have to be at least 180 × 180 pixels
- Will be chopped to fit a square
- Lies 16 pixels from the left as well as 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo on computers
- Lies 24 pixels from the left, 24 pixels from all-time low as well as 196 pixels from the top of your cover photo on smartphones
Your Page's cover photo:
- Display screens at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels high on your Page on computers and also 640 pixels broad by 360 pixels tall on smart devices
- Doesn't present on attribute phones
- Need to go to least 399 pixels large as well as 150 pixels high
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG documents that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall as well as less than 100 kilobytes
-For profile pictures and also cover pictures with your logo or text, you could obtain a better result by using a PNG file.
Just what about the resolution?
Along with this dimension change we have actually gone for a high resolution suggestion due to the fact that we are likewise thinking about the rise of greater res gadgets such as Retina Present-- you want your cover images to look all crisp and also clear there too do not you! 1920px x 1080px future proofs you somewhat and also covers off virtually any other tool currently on the marketplace.
On resolution Facebook does not assist when it says "Bear in mind that your cover picture have to go to least 400 pixels vast and also 150 pixels high". This is merely a minimal size as well as in our experience we locate it way also grainy and also the suggestions provides no guidance on risk-free locations for message.
As long as it's not an insane dimension you will not be punished for uploading a good huge high res photo (this utilized to be the case with Facebook Teams where compression was used) yet say goodbye to.
One word of caution, depending upon the display you utilize to view (i.e. non high res/retina display), you might discover the picture a little unclear. We've trying out JPG vs PNG and also a variety of sizes from 640x360 completely to 1640x923. Currently 820x461 typically looks the sharpest on older screens yet we 'd still suggest 1920px x 1080px for best future proofing.